Spring Break has come and gone. What did we do? A-lot! B-pa has decided to move to Colorado to be closer to the fun we live in so I spent most of the break touring retirement facilities with him. I felt bad that I was either working or looking at places with Frank but mama did make sure I had some time for my boys as well. We spent a morning playing glow putt putt, watched a movie one afternoon, went to the bounce house place (Case's choice) and drove to the dinosaur resource museum one morning (Cole's choice). We had snow storms most of Spring Break so I moved the furniture in the front room and put up the inflatable bounce house for several days so the boys could play inside. Their favorite game is, 'throw balls at me and while try to dodge them.' This game was played countless times. We played several games of pegs and jokers, Mexican Train and Uno with B-pa while snowed in. We sat by the fire place and even had hot cocoa one afternoon. Everyone loves the fireplace, especially Elizabeth. She will lay on the rug in front of the fireplace for hours. The week is over. B-pa found a new home. The boys are back in school. And the weekly grind has resumed.
We don't go on big Spring Break vacations but I always hope the boys know the little things I plan and do with them is one of the ways I show my love. The other day in the car I was talking to the boys about ways to show love. I was explaining the 5 love languages. After I talked about each language: Quality time, Physical touch, acts of service, words of affirmation and gifts, Case said, 'We do all of them!' I'm so glad he said that because I try. I try so hard for these kids. I'm a quality time person, so when I am away from the house and just with my kids I can be totally present with with them and feel like I am a better parent. I am aware that our family gets to 'do' a lot. We are lucky and blessed. I only hope I can convey that these are not childhood rights but one of the ways I show the boys how special they are to me. They are special so we spend special time together. Love you boys!

xx
No comments:
Post a Comment