








My stomach has been in knots for several days thinking our the sheer number of people who were attending. Apparently everyone accepted our invitation and wanted to bring their brothers, sisters, cousins and grandparents. Final child count on the rsvp list before the party started was 40 kids. 40 kids! How did the party get so out of control?! How do you feed 40 kids plus parents and grandparents? Ack! We kept it v-e-r-y simple. The menu was hot dogs and chips. Grab and go. Fix it yourself. No maintenance for me. Yea! At the beginning of the night we started off with 80 hotdogs, 100 bags of individual chips, ketchup and mustard as sides, water and 60 pouches of capri suns. When the party was over we had 10 hot dogs and a hand full of chips left. I guess the masses were fed.

The actual party was low maintenance but party prep was work. I decorated the rustic barn tables with cowboy boots, bandanas, mason jars filled with utensils, l.e.d. candles wrapped with twine, happy birthday banners, big wicker baskets to hold the food, tin buckets tipped over for the party favors and frames with the agenda and menu printed inside. Party favors were flashlights with twine bows and a smore snack bags filled with golden grahams, marshmallows and chocolate chips. The take along snack bags were topped with a tag that said, 'Thanks for making my party smore fun!' I had fun coming up with themed ideas for the party. And I think the decorations ended up super cute.
The party was basically a free for all. Show up, play, eat, ride, have fun and play some more. Around 6:45, hay rides began and people started gathering around to watch the fire being built. Cody manned the smore station once the fire began to blaze and operation sugar rush commenced. We passed out the party favor flashlights and the kids ran around the fire pit playing flashlight tag with marshmallow faces. Finally the group was herded over to my campfire cakes to light candles and sing Happy Birthday first to Case, then to Cole. If your sweet tooth wasn't satiated with smores, we distributed vanilla or strawberry cake with chocolate icing and chocolate cupcakes with marshmallow icing topped with a mini marshmallow, chocolate chip and graham cracker piece.





The party wrapped up after the cake grand finale. We tore down decorations, packed up food and loaded up the vehicles. Exhausted by all the fun, the boys hitched a ride in a tractor bucket that delivered them right to my car. While we were driving home in the dark and both of the boys eyes were drooping, Cole sleepily said, 'I miss my party.' I think he had fun. :) Happy Birthday boys! I hope you felt special on your special day. I love you!


o.m.w. I am tired just reading about all the fun you had. What fun memories were made! How special your boys will feel looking back on the work you did for them!
ReplyDelete