Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Eating My Words

Yesterday the boys had a bad case of "I want" before dinner. "I want a granola bar.  I want candy.  I want ice cream."  Being the good parent I am, I took this moment to talk about how we don't always get what we want.  My life changing example was, "I want someone to fix dinner for me tonight.  Is that going to happen?"  Cole cheerfully chimed in: "I'll fix dinner!"

What a sweetie.  Cole went downstairs and truly pondered how to put together a complete meal.  He put his little pointer finger on his bottom lip and said, "hmmm" as he thought about the menu.  Not only did he put together a nice meal, but he thought of everyones preferences.  Croutons for Case.  Bananas for Cody.  Cereal for mama.  Muffins for Cole.  And crescent rolls for the entire family.  Cole even opened the container entirely by himself and hand rolled each crescent roll.  Is 4 years old too young to    be fixing dinner on a regular basis because I liked handing over the responsibility for the evening.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment