Thursday, September 3, 2015

Can You Believe It

This past week Case has been home sick.  He's had a fever for 4 days we just can't budge and a cough to boot.  Despite spending lots of time laying down, eating ice cream and watching tv, he has still been doing his homework packet from school so we don't get too far behind. We had 1 sheet left to do this afternoon. I sat it on the kitchen island and we ended up doing crafts instead. We painted. We made secret message paintings with white crayon and paint and the boys colored. When the time came to do homework, I couldn't find the packet. I looked everywhere. In our craft drawer, under the couch, in the mail basket, upstairs, downstairs, in folders, everywhere. I even dug through the trash, twice. I finally emailed his teacher, took responsibility for loosing the packet and requested a replacement. Later that evening when we started re-doing the packet Case fessed up. He had HIDDEN the packet because he didn't want to do the last homework page! Can you believe it?! I am blaming this on his illness because I'm not ready to believe my little boy is capable of this more grown up form of deception. Little stink.

No comments:

Post a Comment