When I think back on dinnertime at the Gray house, I hope I will smile and laugh at the memories one day. It takes at least 45 minutes to eat dinner at the table every night. That's 45 minutes of sitting down and actual eating time. Cody and I get to business and are done with our plates in 10 minutes, but the boys linger and we spend the remaining 35 minutes trying to coheres the boys to eat. This evening while we had a not so special dinner of ham and roasted potatoes. The boys were talking about their day, thoughts, standing up, sitting down, wiggling all around, laughing and talking to each other. I had to laugh because every other sentence out of Cody's mouth was, "eat."
Case: I watched Good Dinosaur today and it was waaaay too sad for Cole to watch. He needs to wait at least 2 years before he watches it.
Cody: Oh yea, I want to watch you EAT.
Cole: I'm big enough to watch it. I don't need to wait 2 more years.
Cody: The only way your going to ever be big is if you EAT your dinner. EAT.
Case: Can I have some more potatoes?
Cody: No you already have food on your plate you need to EAT so get to it. EAT.
Cole: Daddy, I'm eating more food than Case.
Cody: Don't worry about Case, you worry about your own plate and there's still a lot more on it so EAT.
If Cody said EAT once he said it 100 times and tonight it just made me giggle because this is what dinner time looks like all the time.
The other night Cody was about to dole out another spoonful of food on each plate because the boys were dilly dallying so much. Cole skillfully avoided another bite by shoving his last morsel in his mouth, hopping up, grabbing his plate and yelling time to clean up before scurrying out of the room.
It's just a peek into our lives, but I love all the moments, especially the normal ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment