Monday, January 2, 2017

Merry Christ-mess!

Christmas is over and the past few days have felt like an actual wonderful vacation. Cody has been home. I have had almost 5 days off of work and NO clients have called me (hooray). We spent many evenings sitting in the basement watching a series of Star Wars movies together. We have spent the majority of our time in the house (minus a few errands). Plus I got to sleep in until 8-9ish on more than one occasion. It has been slow and relaxing and I'm actually feeling a bit rejuvenated. Well tomorrow I go back to work, so our slow and relaxing days are over. Today was clean up day. Put Christmas decorations away, clean up the dust and debris that decorations leave behind and find a home for all of our new Christmas toys. Work day. I swear I cleaned for 5 hours and the mess is still all over the house. Everything I picked up, I said, 'Wow, that's great. It's looking good. I'm almost done." And then I turned around and looked at the exact same spot I just cleaned and I would see 3 more things to pick up and clean. How does that happen?!?! Apparently the mess was so bad it was like an onion. Layers upon layers of mess. I would get one layer done and then the next layer of mess would show itself. I still have to finish laundry and clean the floors. Then I am sure I will find more mess to clean, but it has to be getting better right? Here's to hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment