Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Cooking Class

The boys are taking a 6 week cooking class after school once a week. Cole (my little chef) was delighted they made a special exception to let him in the class because typically kids have to be in 1st grade to participate. Case was under-whelmed. Here was part of our conversation:

Me: Don't you want to go to the cooking class Case?
Case: No. Not really.
Me: Why not? It's important to learn how to cook. What are you going to do when you grow up?
Case: Go out to eat.
Me: Going out to eat is expensive. You might not be able to afford to eat out every meal.
Case: Then I'll just buy my food at the grocery store.
Me: But you will have to cook it after you buy it.
Case: I'll buy cereal.
Me: Too bad. Your learning.  

I try to encourage cooking at home, but sometimes kids learn better from other people. I figure a class once or twice a year is an important life lesson and someday their wife will thank me. In fact, Cody and I talked about once I stop working in the evenings next year, having the boys cook dinner one night a week. I'm excited to see them being more independent and successful. The boys are on the path to becoming quality contributing adults in society.


No comments:

Post a Comment