Thursday, June 13, 2013

First Ice Cream

What symbol better represents the emergence of summer than hearing the far off music of the ice cream truck? Waiting and listening and hoping the truck comes down your street is a time honored tradition of summer. The boys heard the trucks circus music a couple weeks ago and Case was ecstatic. We didn’t have to wait long before he was driving past our house. In fact, I was totally unprepared.  I ran inside to grab my wallet and in the 20 seconds it took to grab some money the truck was already passed the house and driving away. Case was standing by the curb yelling, ‘No! No! You're toooooo late!’ Don’t worry. Crisis averted.  I flagged the truck down and both boys picked out a chocolate covered cone. 5$ later (can you believe that?), two happy boys were sitting on the porch eating ice cream. Our front porch is such a lovely, peaceful, shady place for our family and I am glad we have another summer together to make memories like this together.  photo DSC_0721_zps76b4f2cd.jpg

 photo DSC_0724_zps265fc1b0.jpg

 photo DSC_0732_zps20263fc7.jpg

 photo DSC_0725_zps344a3812.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment