Cole enjoys going to school. He knows his colors and can count to 10. He can almost sing all of his ABC’s, knows the letters in his name and can recognize his name when seen. He can identify all his animals and make a variety of animal sounds. He is a puzzle genious and would spend all day playing on his nook assembling complicated puzzles well above his age backet.
Cole is still our little spit fire. He will say, ‘Mommy, I'm not very happy with you.’ Then he can turn around and say 'Your here! I'm so happy your here.' Cole will also say, ‘My mommy and Case's daddy.’ Apparently he has divided up the parentals and laid dibs on me. I love when he says, 'Oh mommy' in a loving way and nuzzles whatever body part is closest to him at that time. He loves to give ‘wet kisses' and enjoys riling up his brother. Cole typically wants whatever toy Case is playing with and will throw quite a temper tantrum if he can’t have the toy. On the rare occasion Cole has a toy Case wants; Cole likes nothing better than to tell Case he can NEVER have it. This of course sends Case into a tissy which Cole also enjoys.
Despite his taunts, Cole loves Case and I love watching the boys play together. They play side by side with their cars, action figures and plastic animals. They will even guide each other in play. Cole will tell Case to 'say this' or 'do that' as they engage in cooperative play. The boys can play side by side quite content together with their action figures on a daily basis. Sometimes I wonder what I would do if I only had one child. Who would they play with?!
Cole is our naked child and he loves to be naked. As soon as we get inside the house, before I can bring in the first bag of groceries. He has his shoes, shocks. shorts, tee-shirt and diaper off. He has no shame. Cole would happily run around in the buff all day long if we would let him.
Cole will even taunt you with his nakedness. Cole loves to tease his daddy. He will strip down nakey, go find Cody, gets Cody's attention and then turn around and start bouncing his naked hiney in his direction. It’s a toddlers version of mooning someone. His little hiney bouncing up and down, shaking left and right always cracks me up. In the Gray house, if it makes mama and daddy laugh, you aren't in trouble. Cole makes us laugh a lot.
Despite his love for being naked Cole has shown no interest in potty training. As soon as he feels the urge he runs to me in a panic and yells, ‘DIAPER!’ I ask him to sit on the potty but he just keeps on yelling, ‘DIAPER, DIAPER!’ I guess he isn’t quite ready yet. The little stink also likes to takes his diaper off at night. I have to sneak in after he is asleep and make sure he has a diaper on before he pees in his bed. We are still struggling with vomiting at night, but it is getting better.
If we can keep clothes on him, the only clothes he will wear is his Lightening Ka-chow McQueen shirt and blue and white Thomas the Train shorts. Thank goodness I happen to have 2 identical shirts and shorts. Cole has worn the same clothes day in and day out for the past 6-7 months. Look back on any post done in the past 6 months and you will see him in his Lightening shirt. He throws a fit if you even mention wearing something else and now that the weather is turning colder he wears his shorts over sweat pants. Ugggg. I know he loves them. I pick my battles and this is one I don't fight. These monumental pictures have been one of the only times I have pushed his fashion envelop.
Cole is a chatter box and talks all the time. Chat, chat, chat, chat. His vocabulary has exploded since his tubes were put in, but his enunciation is still lacking. Even in elevated my mommy status, I can probably only understand approximately 70% of what he says. Between Case and I, we can typically get the jist of his point. He will be seeing a speech therapist next week for an assessment to determine if he might need a little help catching up with other kids his age.
I love him. I love him. I love him. 3 years old and I love him. I live a full, rich and wonderfully blessed life. I pray I don't take it for granted and savor the wonder I get to experience on a daily basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment