How do I describe how luck I feel to be a mother on Mothers Day? If I said this once to each of my boys, I said it at least twenty times today, “Thank you for making me a mommy.” Just thinking about the blessing of being a mother, makes me tear up. My life is wonderful, not because I have a beautiful home, providing career, health, etc. My life is wonderful is because Case and Cole are in it. I have 2 beautiful children who love to kiss, snuggle, laugh, be tickled, use manners (most of the time), play well together, give and share and are beautiful, beautiful people and are loved beyond belief.
In honor of Mother’s Day, I was able to contemplate how special it is to be a mother. I was also treated extra special as well. I was given the gift of rest and slept in until 9. Cody made a biscuit breakfast with flowers and a card waiting when I came downstairs. Our fantastic 70 degree weather was cut short as a blizzard moved in and ruined every Colorado mothers outdoor plans. Plan A, trip to the zoo and cookout, was blown away by 40 mph winds, sleet and snow. Plan B was implemented and ended up being maybe better that plan A. Cody watched the kids while I scrapbooked in my new craft room for 5 hours!!!!! Oh my goodness. I got so much work done. It was a tremendously good time. After my craft-a-palooza fest, the family braved the snow, sleet and winds and went out for a Mexican dinner complete with fried ice cream for dessert. The car ride home was full of silliness and laughter as we teased each other with goofy names like 'Taco Cole,' 'Taco Daddy' and 'Taco Case.' Gifts were exchanged. Case made me a decorated plate with a portrait of the 2 of us standing next to each other. Cole decorated a cooking mit with his hand print on it. The boys wished me ‘Happy Mothers Day!’ at least a dozen times and each well wish was topped off with a huge hug and kiss. Mothers day was nothing short of a relaxing wonderful day.

No comments:
Post a Comment