Cody left for Africa weeks ago and ever since he has been gone, things have fallen apart, like they always do. Anyone who doubts God plans that man be with a woman, send one of them away and watch life fall apart. First of all, the dogs have gotten out. Not once, twice, three times, four times, five times, but SIX times. Each escape resulted in some form of repair work to the fence, gate or hot wire and a late night or early morning car drive at an inconvienant time to pick the dogs up miles away. Sound frustrating? It was.
Then Cody's friend who was supposed to mow our lawn while he was gone, never called, never showed up and never returned my phone calls or texts. Top-notch guy, right? The yard was so thick when I finally mowed it; I had to virtually do it twice. We have a large yard and a gas mower. Not, not, not fun.
Then I got sick. 100-101.8 temp plus aching body and sore throat for 2 days. After the fever broke, I began to notice blisters on my hands and feet. Originally I thought they were from pushing the mower, but as these tiny blisters continued to pop up I had to do some research. 26 blisters on one hand seemed a bit extreme, even for a softie like me. Hand, mouth and foot disease. That explains the soars in my mouth as well. Its a virus you just have to wait out. Hooray! Can it get any better? Yes, there is still more.
I had one goal while Cody was gone, paint the kitchen. Cody hates color. The entire house is white and has been white for the past 7 years. I was bound and determined to paint at least 1 room. I taped samples all over the walls, looked and lived with the colors for a week before making a final decision. I bought the paint and painted ¼ of the kitchen and decided the color had a funny hue. A friend came over the next day for a paint consult and agreed the color was off. I borrowed a sample of her house paint and repainted most of the first color and little more before I ran out of sample paint. I went to the store and bought matching paint to finish the job. I came home and began painting again, but the color they mixed me was wrong! Now I have 4 different colors on the walls and no time to return the paint, bitch out the paint people, get new paint and repaint the kitchen before Cody gets home in 2 days. Worst of all, I want color on the wall, but have lost my desire to paint. I am going to end up painting it all back white and have nothing to show for the 4 different times I painted the kitchen while he was gone. Plus I am on my period. SOmeone shoot me now. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you survived?! Is he home?! That all sounds terrible. I'm so sorry!
ReplyDelete