Monday, November 10, 2014

Bat Brothers

This Halloween we skipped the crowed mall and solely hit up the neighborhood.  The bat brothers were decked out in glow necklaces and bracelets from their Nana and glow in the dark bat gloves from Lele and Popie.  Carrying their cat faced candy bags we set out into the streets of Falcon Hills.  About 10 houses into the excursion Cole had a melt down when we said he would not be driven from driveway to driveway and he must walk from door to door.  Tears were shed, threats to go home were issued, tension was high.  As soon as that scene was cooled down Case immediately fell while running up a driveway and began crying.  10 houses in to trick-or-treating and I was ready to throw in the towel.  I guess Halloween wouldn't be Halloween without some kind of late night, candy fuled, excitement overload fit.

For some reason we continued on our quest and ended up enjoying our evening.  Cole was a riot.  After each house, from the front door Cole would turn around and excitedly yell to Cody and I waiting at the end of the driveway what kind of candy he was given. "I got a Kit Kat!"  "Daddy I got your favorite, Skittles."  "I got gum.  I don't like gum!"  2 hours later, the candy bags were heavy, fingers were cold and we came back to our warm home for the ceremonial dumping all the goodies.  Halloween may be over, but the memories will say alive every time we see the enormous bucket of remaining candy.
    photo DSC_0603_zpse14de346.jpg

 photo DSC_0617_zps6f3ec5ab.jpg
   photo DSC_0618_zpse3e7e0d5.jpg
   photo DSC_0619_zps7fcdfac1.jpg
   photo DSC_0633_zps4aaab343.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment