Sunday, December 21, 2014
Tonsillectomy
Today is day 2 after my tonsillectomy. I wasn't excited to have this procedure done, but since I have had strep over 20 times in the past 3 years it was a necessary next step. I have never felt as old as this surgery made me feel. Every person I told about the surgery immediately replied, 'At your age!' Gee, thanks. Actually I am surprised how much the surgery has taken out of me. I am tired all the time and my vision has been blurry from the anti nausea patch behind my ear but it is slowly clearing up. My boys have taken very good care of me which makes me feel very lucky. Cody has made soup, soup, more soup and pudding. All which i took 1 bite of and turned away. Cody is also making me take my pain meds and watching the kids while I rest upstairs. Case is better than an on call nurse. He comes up to my room every hour and asks if I need anything. And Cole hasn't left my side. He is a permanent fixture in the bed next to me. I am being well cared for by my boys and I am very appreciative. Reinforcements, mom and Renny, will be here tomorrow to give the care team some reprieve and help with Christmas preparation. Here is hoping I will be well enough to enjoy Christmas dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've heard this surgery as an adult is so tough! I pray for your speedy recovery.
ReplyDelete