Sunday, January 18, 2015
1,000 Thanks
Case has had his beloved "Baby" since birth. The day Case was born, friends visited me in the hospital and gifted him his tiny blue blanket with a little doggie head in one corner. Case has held Baby, kissed Baby, slept with Baby, eaten with Baby, played with Baby, been sick with Baby, comforted by Baby, cuddled and loved by his best friend Baby. Case has never lost track of beloved Baby, because Baby is always that close by. With all Cases love, it is no surprise Baby has shown some wear and tear over the years. A stain here. Discoloration there. Tiny hole in the corner. Ribbon nose loved off. And recently one of Cases favorite places to rub couldn't take the love any more and split open. He asked me to sew Baby up and I reluctantly agreed. I wasn't sure the tender fabric could handle a stitch and I knew the soft spot he loved to touch would forever be changed. But i agreed. The stitches held and Case was incredibly grateful. He must have thanked me a dozen times over the next couple days. One of his thanks was so genuine and touchingly sweet. He said, 'I wish I could count to a thousand so I could thank you a thousand times for sewing up Baby.' Awwwwwwwwwwww.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment