Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Snow ( x 5)
When you live away from family help, your husband travels all the time, you work, take care of the kids, the house, pets, etc, even the smallest piece of extra work can seem like a lot. But you do it because it has to get done. No need to cry or whine. The task will still be there after your pity party so get up, get over it, do it and move on. Sick kids, cancelled school, snow delays, babysitters on vacation, dogs running away, garage door not working, car troubles and shoveling snow are all examples of things I just have to get up, find a way and get it done. So this evening as I drove home I started mentally preparing to shovel the 5 inches of snow that fell all day long. Just get it done so you won't pack the driveway down and turn it to ice. But when I pulled into the driveway, someone had already shoveled the entire driveway for me. I'm not a mushy lady, but such a labor intensive, selflessly, kind act made me tear up. Since I don't know who did it, they will never know how much something like that meant to me. I hope God lets them know they did something special, that meant something dear to another person some day in Heaven.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a blessing indeed. I'm so happy someone close was looking our for you.
ReplyDelete