Friday, June 19, 2015

Summer Has Begun

Last week I introduced the boys to croquet.  Although I am technically not a "game" person, some of my favorite memories growing up were 4th of July at my grandparents house. Cookouts, unending supply of fireworks and always competitive games croquet.  Hopefully the boys and I will share a few happy croquet memories of our own.    

 photo IMG_9667_zpsll852lu8.jpg

We also ventured out to Springs Spree last weekend.  Venders, booths, carnival rides and the boys shared a hamburger and corn dog.  Case spent his $5 throwing darts at balloons.  Cole decided to ride a motorcycle carnival ride.  After the Spree we stopped at Memorial Lake and found the swimming beach for the first time.  We weren't prepared to swim but shorts can be just as good as swim trunks for playing in the surf and sand.  Cole asked if he could take off his shorts.  I said, 'No. You can take them off in the car on the ride home.'  Once we were in the car, as soon as I turned around in my seat, Cole was naked.  I said, 'Cole put your under ware on!'  He said, 'You told me I could take my shorts off.'  Me, 'Take your shorts off.  Leave your under ware on.'  Cole, 'Moooom, I'm not wearing any underware.'  He has been and still is my naked child.  Glad I didn't let him lose the shorts on the beach!  :)  It was a beautiful sunny day and everyone reached our sun quota for the day.  Summer is up and running.
   photo IMG_9674_zpsx6nrmlvo.jpg
   photo IMG_9678_zpskczx4vmq.jpg
   photo IMG_9691_zpsrt6iipmz.jpg

   photo IMG_9697_zpscpr5zaxw.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment