Saturday, November 7, 2015

Christmas Cheer

After taking down our Halloween decorations last week, Cole lamented that our Thanksgiving decor is, BORING! Apparently our scary decorations were more fun. In fact when I asked him to draw a picture of something he was thankful for on our chalk board, he drew a picture of a ghost and vampire because he is, 'thankful for spooky things.' Halloween was fun, but he has quickly moved straight ahead with lightning speed to idolizing Christmas and now he wants the Christmas decorations up. It doesn't help that yesterday when I turned the car on Christmas music was on the radio station. I know some people are are strict anti holiday music before Thanksgiving, but I am not one of those people. We listened to Christmas music all day and even though Cole didn't know any of the words to the songs, he knew it was Christmas music and sang "Christmas, Christmas, Christmas" to whatever rhythm was on the radio. Now he can't stop talking about Christmas. Christmas presents, Santa, reindeer and our Elf. I'm surprised how much he remembers about our elf. He talked about the crazy elf zip lining in the living room, roasting marshmallows over a candle and elf poop. Last year the elf pooped a hershey's kiss in the training potty. Cole hoped the elf pooped again this year because he wants to eat the elf's poop!  Mama has a whole bunch of new elf tricks up her sleeve for this year and I hope the live up to the boys expectations. I'm excited for Christmas as well. Christmas is about tradition, fun, surprises, celebration and praise for Jesus and being thankful for all that we have because of him.  What's not to love?  

Why won't my super cute video of Cole dancing in the car to Christmas music load to the post?!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment