Some people don't like the cold. Every year I hear people complain when the Colorado snow starts to show up, but I love it. I love tall boots, sweaters, snowed in days filled with crafts and cookies, sledding and beautiful white snow. The one thing I don't love is shoveling the drive way. But so far the thing I like the least provides me with the most gratefulness. Last year a mystery snow blower helped me twice during a particularly harsh blizzard and my heart overflowed. This year during our first real snow, I came outside to find 3 neighbors shoveling my driveway. I had been ignoring the responsibility because the accumulation was up to my car bumper. But once I saw a team of helpers, I geared up came outside to shovel side by side with friends. And by the time we were done shoveling the end of the driveway, 2 more neighbors had pitched in to help as well. Once again, I was so grateful and so aware how going out of your way to help someone can leave an impactful memory. Lesson of the day, help someone for no reason.
I guess there isn't much I don't like about the snow in Colorado after all.
I am one if those "some people." :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you take joy in it!
I am one if those "some people." :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you take joy in it!