Monday, November 16, 2015

Operation Shoebox

Our Samaritan Purse operation shoeboxes have been filled.  Samaritan Purse delivers gift filled shoeboxes by reaching out to over 100 countries to demonstrate God's love in a tangible way to children in need around the world.  

What can you fit in a shoebox to send to a child in an impoverished country for Christmas? This is what we were able to fit in our box: Foam football, pez dispenser with pez, teenage mutant turtle water squirter, hacky sack, rubber ball, 3 pencils, fish shaped pencil sharpener, deck of cards, 2 toothbrushes, toothbrush holder, 2 tubes of toothpaste, 2 flosses, washcloth, 2 hot wheels, individual fresh naps, led candle light, collapsable plane, box of 36 crayons, coloring book, vinyl backpack, 12 tootsie roll suckers and 6 packages of fun dip.

We did 2 boxes with the same items in each box. I was proud of what we put in our box, but looking at the list, I wanted to do so much more.  Maybe we will sneak in one more trip to the store to find something else to shove in that tiny box. A shoebox isn't nearly big enough when I start thinking about giving someone a gift that doesn't have anything, but I hope what we were able to do will be a joyful experience for 2 little boys somewhere in the world and contribute to a happy day.        

No comments:

Post a Comment