4th of Julys at B-pa's house are some of my favorite memories growing up, so I am glad he was able to be here with us as our family tries to carry on the tradition of friends, food and fun here in Colorado. Rick and Dave, little Cody, Big Seth and his girlfriend Robin, Keith and Christy, Seth and Maddie and their grandparents all came over to eat and celebrate. Our crew lit up the night as more fireworks were set off after dark. Fountains, sparklers and an assortment of other crowd pleasers were exploded in the name of fun. Dave brought back some huge 'firework show quality' gems from Montana which made all the adults hoop and holler. Its hard to explain these giant fireworks. We have all seen them in firework shows, but to have one blow up in your backyard is exciting! They were massive, incredibly loud and exciting! When these babies exploded, they filled the entire sky above the house and the sound/power left the adults chanting "more!" after every one fired off. It's a good thing we live outside city limits because there was a lot of yelling going on outside. Everyone went home around 10:30 because we are old and people get tired, but I think a good time was had, I know I had fun.
Happy Birthday America! Although I have never been truly deprived, suffered physically or been persecuted in life, I do know I am so very lucky have been born and raised in America. And I am grateful for everyone who suffered and sacrificed to make and maintain this country.






No comments:
Post a Comment