Friday, October 14, 2016

Happy Birthday Cole! Big 6!

Today marks another big day in the Gray's world because Cole turned 6. 6 started off great and Cole was so appreciative all day long. Thank you mommy! I love you mommy! Thank you! I love this! I love that!  6 is going to be good year.

Cole woke up with balloons, a banner and streamers in his room and we ate birthday cinnamon rolls for breakfast. He couldn't wait to open his presents and since today was HIS day, he opened up a Darth Vader costume and pirate accessories as soon as we came downstairs. We squeezed in breakfast, presents, singing and an epic lite saber battle all before school even began!

As parents we all want our children to grow up and be good people, but sometimes they are drawn to the dark side. Cole is all about bad guys, so we celebrated Darth Vader style. Death star cake, light sabers and an awesome Darth Vader costume made the whole theme complete.

I was able to go to school and help Cole pass out his birthday goodie bags to the classroom and listen to the birthday song in the afternoon. I stayed the rest of the day and helped with playground duty. All the kids loved having a new parent to talk to while they played and Cole held my hand most of the time as he showed me the ropes around the playground. After school we ate cake and stuffed out bellies at the Chinese buffet. While we walked out to the car after dinner Cole held my hand and talked about how happy we'll be after we get married when he's grown up. Oh be still my heart! Tomorrow we are headed to an all day scouting activity for some more birthday fun.

Even though he's little, this evil villain, takes up a big portion of my heart. I love you bubba! Happy Birthday Cole!
   photo IMG_1467_zps5q0exp3g.jpg
   photo IMG_1468_zpsnrm1geky.jpg
   photo DSC_0763_zps3me9q5qk.jpg
   photo DSC_0771_zpsc8qvbdnj.jpg
   photo DSC_0774_zpsdipvlnfr.jpg
   photo DSC_0775_zpsexp0awkv.jpg

1 comment: