Monday, October 31, 2016

Haunted Halloween 2016

The season of Halloween has come upon us. The boys were geared up and ready to tackle the adventure. Case opted to go as a classic halloween ghost. I tried to jazz up a technically plain costume made of sheets with some scary chains, hair paint and face paint. Case loved it and thought the whole outfit was super scary. However as a mother, when someone ask you "what is your child supposed to be?" its a dagger to my home made heart. Oh well, at least Case liked it.

Cole loves costumes and couldn't pick just one so he opted to be 1) Darth Vader during the Banning Lewis Ranch school parade and trunk or treating at Woodmen Valley Chapel's Halloween event and 2) a pirate Halloween night. During our trunk or treat experience, the boys collected candy from trunk to trunk while Cody and I munched on popcorn. The kids had to hoola hoop for their loot as well as play corn hole and travel through an underwater themed RV. The cutest trunk theme this year was Wizard of Oz complete with a golden retriever dressed in a lion main as the Cowardly Lion (so cute!). Afterwards the boys enjoyed a maze, petting zoo, bounce houses and inflatable obstacle courses. We enjoy this event every year and 2016 was no exception.

Halloween night Cole decided to go as Pirate Cole. In fact we had been planning our family outfits for a couple months. Cole and I were pirates and Case was the ghost who haunted our ship. The weather was uncharacteristically fantastic and only a light jacket was needed as the boys walked the neighborhood for almost 2 hours! It was our longest Halloween night yet and the most exciting part was no one tripped, no one fell and no one cried. If that's not a successful evening I don't know what is!

Here were some of the highlights from Halloween night. 1) The first house we walked up to, had all their lights on, front door open and porch lights on. The boys rang the doorbell with excitement and the lady who answered the door said sorry I don't have anything for trick or treaters. ????? (Turn your light off lady). First attempt, strike out. 2) Cole shouted with excitement every time he received a snickers because he wanted to give them to Lele (her favorite candy). Case wanted to give all his skittles to Cody. Both boys were thinking of others which makes me happy. 3) The boys stopped at a house with just a bowl of candy set out on the front porch. Cole ran down the drive way toward Cody and I standing at the curb shouting "There wasn't a sign saying take 1 or 2 so I took 3 pieces of candy instead!" Cody and I busted out laughing. My they learn quick. 4) We walked over to our babysitters house and when they opened the door Becky's dad shouted, "Honey come here! Its the 2 we wanted to see!" Glad to know the boys have a fan base and are loved.

We have enough candy to keep us in cavities for the next 6 months. Happy Halloween!    
   photo IMG_2768_zpsgedjyjh8.jpg
   photo IMG_2774_zpsmwwarawl.jpg
   photo IMG_2778_zpsngbgtjft.jpg

 Look at what Cole wrote on our kitchen chalk board. He wrote everything on his own and sounded out all the words. I was totally impressed. Here's the translation: 2 more days till (2 more da till)... (then he drew pictures of vampire bunnies). He also wrote the words: vampire bunny (vapir bune), ghost (gos), zombie (zobe) and boo.   photo IMG_2785_zpsd38lkbka.jpg
   photo IMG_2791_zpsn8mq6ahs.jpg
   photo IMG_2792_zpsmzpaxedp.jpg
   photo IMG_2802_zpscjtulgok.jpg

Cole even decorated a ghost pumpkin for school. He did all of the drawing himself and I was very proud he wanted to do it solo. It was easy to see some of the other pumpkins submitted were not done entirely by a kindergartners. I am proud to say Cole did 100% of his pumpkin.  photo IMG_1491_zpsu5yopgvs.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment