We were lucky enough to have Gma and Bpa visit for the past 3 weeks. I think it's amazing how even with 3 weeks of togetherness, I still feel like there wasn't enough time together. Wednesday and Friday afternoons were spent at their RV park riding bikes, swimming in the parks heated pool, playing go fish with bible cards and crazy 8's. Cole finally learned how to ride his new Lightening McQueen tricycle by himself under the tutelage of Bpa at the park. Splashing, swimming laps, pool races, foam noodles and lots of laughs were had together outside their RV. Gma and Bpa were able to watch Case sing and dance during both of his vacation bible schools. Gma proved that age (86) is just a number and walked ALL over the North Pole with the boys one weekend. Gma even rode the carousel and train. Bpa was equally adventurous and tackled the ferris wheel and tilt-a-whirl. The boys were treated to early birthday presents from Gma and Bpa, 4 wheelers! Case and Cole drove their matching pair of new 12 volt battery operated 4 wheelers ALL over the yard and spent several hours perfecting their driving skills while Gma and Bpa visited. Case was impressed with the freedom and speed his new 4 wheeler provided and Cole was so excited he jumped with joy after his first lap around the yard. Bpa hiked the beautiful Paint Mines with the boys. I think he did more climbing than the boys! :) Although both of the boys have been to the Paint Mines before, Cole still made the experience memorable when he learned how to 'water the plants.' I was able to work on our families genealogy scrapbook with Gma. Talking over pictures and listening to her stories bring black and white pictures to life is a priceless experience. Conversations over dinner, giggles while cooking smores, oooo's and ahhhhh's during 4th of July fireworks, cookouts, dinners out and home projects were all part of our 3 weeks together.
I think Case said it best as we were driving away after our last dinner together. He said, "Its hard to say goodbye to people we love." Well said Case. Well said. I am so lucky to have the family God has given me.
No comments:
Post a Comment