Saturday, August 27, 2016

8 is Great!

Someone turned 8 this past week. Here is a rundown of who this little boy is: He weighs 47.8 lbs and is 48.25 tall. His favorite color is black. He wants to be a monster truck driver when he grows up.  Favorite food steak. Loves his kitty Lizzy. Hates reading but loves bedtime stories. We are currently reading #32 of Magic Tree House. He is a perfectionist and if he can't do it right the first time, needs lots of encouragement to continue. Favorite tv show is Lego Star Wars. Favorite class in school is P.E., recess or math. He is a thoughtful and wonderful prayer. He loves ice cream and still crawls into my bed in the morning for cuddles. Cuddles only count if my arm is around him. And he shuts his eyes and smiles when I reach behind the car seat and rub his leg in the car.
 
So how did we celebrate 8 great years? Case wanted a dinosaur cake. Why he wanted a dinosaur cake, I don't know because he hasn't been into dinosaurs for a while. But I obliged and the end result was pretty cute if I don't say so myself. I decorated his room while he slept with balloons, streamers and a birthday banner. He requested Outback for his birthday dinner and ate an entire 8 oz sirloin (8oz since he is 8 yrs old), salad and part of an ice cream Sunday! That boy can put away meat. We opened up presents: kindle, nun chucks, magic cards and Angry Bird DVD. The next day celebrated by watching Ice Age Collision Course at the dollar theater and bouncing at Jump Zone.

8 years ago I went from being just 'Holly Gray' to 'Mommy' all because of this little boy. Case forever  changed my life in unexplainably wonderful ways. That is why I will celebrate this day and this child forever more. Happy Birthday Case! I love you!

 photo IMG_2562_zpstbci6k85.jpg
   photo IMG_1400_zps2b7uwk9a.jpg
   photo IMG_2569_zpsdcgfytzv.jpg
   photo IMG_2571_zpszoqpjlmg.jpg
   photo IMG_2572_zpsqc4cye1b.jpg
   photo IMG_2580_zpsbnwrigyd.jpg

 photo IMG_1421_zpsmjzxiqlj.jpg
   photo IMG_1425_zps265okv4e.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Case! That cake is amazing, Holly. I'm always so impressed with your cake decorating skills!

    ReplyDelete