After Case was properly equipped we practiced his pizza wedge and went up and down the bunny slope a few times. Then the wind picked up and he wanted to call it a day. I think the 1 hour experience was a good introduction to the concept of skiing. Maybe next year or the year after he will be ready for ski school.
After Case went home with Papie, Cody and I were able to ski on our own for a couple hours. This was a big treat because I absolutely love skiing and unfortunately it has been years since I have been able to go. I know, I know, I live in Colorado, right? However, since moving here I have either been pregnant or taking care of a small baby which means no weekend ski get-a-ways. The snow and wind continued to pick up until skiing wasn’t fun anymore and we turned in early which was a bummer because I wanted to ski every last minute. Oh well, I was just happy to get a few runs in with my honey.

The next day we were slated to go on a scenic sleigh ride in the National Forrest. We would have been pulled by horses, stopped in the forest where the boys would have been able to sled and have hot chocolate before finishing the ride. However we canceled the adventure for the sake of safety. The snow had continued throughout the night and we were unsure of the conditions of the roads to travel home.
What a weekend! See what I mean about feeling special? My birthday weekend was amazing because of all the time and effort and energy that went into planning our time together. I had a great time! Thanks mom and dad. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment