Friday, February 1, 2013

Shook Up

Today was the scariest day of my life.  During afternoon quiet time, Case was upstairs in my room watching tv and playing when I heard a loud, heavy, deep thud and then Case screaming.  I ran upstairs and saw a horrific sight.  Our solid wood 9 drawer dresser was turned over and on top of Case.  I couldn’t see Case at all, only hear his screams.  This dresser is so heavy I can’t even push it a couple inches when it is standing upright.   Oh. My. God.  Everyone has heard stories of people gaining super strength in a crisis and now I am a total believer.  I believe, because lifted this dresser with all the drawers attached and hanging out, pulling even more weight down, off of Case and on its feet again. 

There is no other word than miracle. Case didn’t have a scratch or bump on him. 

As I was examining him, asking if he was okay, I couldn’t control myself and began sobbing.  My tears of course scared him almost as much as the ordeal because he began crying and reassuring me he wasn’t hurt.  After I was able to hold him a few seconds, things began to settle down.  He was scared, shaken up and wanted to be held for at least 30 minutes.  Then he was fine.  While cuddling, I told him someone very important had kept him safe today.  That person was Jesus.  We prayed thanks to Jesus for keeping him safe.  I think I have prayed that thank you prayer at least a dozen more times today. 

It’s only been a few hours and my back, shoulders and arms are already sore from lifting the dresser.  I have also bought every anti-tip safety strap I could find in Colorado Springs.  This was the scariest day of my life and I am so grateful to God that he kept my boy safe.  I am so grateful.  So grateful.        

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Holly! That is so terrifying! I am so glad that he is okay! Thank You, Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. from Cecilia: Was on the phone with my dad and he put Fran on and she had just read today's blog and OMG I am so happy you guys are okay!

    ReplyDelete