We started off early because I had some errands to run. We picked up prescriptions at Walgreens and then were off to the bookstore. How can you say no, when your child wants to buy books?! We sat on the floor of Barnes and Noble and read Dr Seuss books before we found the perfect one for each boy. Then we made a quick stop in Hobby Lobby to buy some materials for our scrapbook. Case and Cole had been chanting French fries in the back seat so we stopped at McDonalds and went in the play place to eat. The boys ate lunch, had ice cream and played for 1-1/2 hours. We had such a good time.
I couldn’t stop laughing as I watched Case help push Cole up the playland steps. Watching the boy’s problem solve and work together was so much fun. Case was trying anything he could think of to help Cole up these too big steps. Case tried to heft Cole up by his legs, then shoving his hiney. Case grabbed Cole’s shirt and try to yank him up only resulting in pulling his shirt up over his head. Case tugged on the waistband of Cole’s pants and gave him a big wedgie. People kept staring at me because I was laughing out loud but I didn’t care, the sight was too wonderful. After a victorious climb to the top, both boys would slide down together and Cole would run over to me for high fives while I cheered, then holler ‘again!’
After naps, we went to Toyota for an oil change, a task I was not looking forward. However once we were in the waiting room, a man greeted us with bags of popcorn and another lady was walking around making balloon animals for children. Time flew by fast. In fact, we had such a good time I just might take the kids back next week weekend for popcorn and balloons! Final stop, grocery shopping at Walmart. While shopping, Case told me, ‘we need to buy some Little Debbie snack cakes because when we share a Little Debbie, you share a smile.’ Once again, my laughter flowed.
When we came home Case gobbled up an entire personal pan pizza and the boys played chase. After everyone was sufficiently tired out, Cole wanted to cuddle. I sat on the floor with my legs wrapped around him, arms around him, chin on his head. He was totally encircled with mama all around him, yet he kept trying to snuggle in deeper saying, ‘more, more, more.’ Sigh. Happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment