Our walk through Red River brought back all kinds of memories
from a vacation I previously spent there in high school with Jeane Warren. Oh so many memories.


After our walk through town we stoped to warm up and enjoy lunch. The boys had hot chocolate for the first time. I think Case enjoyed his drink.



Cole, on the other hand, stole my Dr. Pepper. Cole will eventually cure me of my caffeine addiction because the little whipper snapper is a caffeine junky. In fact, I can’t have a pop without Cole throwing a fit until I give him a sip which then turns into him stealing my drink. His reaction after the first sip always cracks me up. After the first jolt of caffeine hits he shakes his head, bites his bottom lip and shakes his fists in joy. Then it is chug town until I take it away.
Cole, on the other hand, stole my Dr. Pepper. Cole will eventually cure me of my caffeine addiction because the little whipper snapper is a caffeine junky. In fact, I can’t have a pop without Cole throwing a fit until I give him a sip which then turns into him stealing my drink. His reaction after the first sip always cracks me up. After the first jolt of caffeine hits he shakes his head, bites his bottom lip and shakes his fists in joy. Then it is chug town until I take it away.
After Red River we went back to the cabin and the boys went sledding
for the first time. Sledding was the
highlight of the trip. The boys had so
much fun. So. Much. Fun.
Catching the sled was harder work than you might expect. Lele sacrificed her standing position to save the boys from wrecking into a tree.
That night we celebrated my birthday a couple days early with cake and candles so everyone could enjoy cake all weekend long!
We love Red River! I'm so glad you got to celebrate in style because YOU ARE WORTH CELEBRATING!
ReplyDelete