Saturday, August 17, 2013

Canada the Final Installment

Last Canada post, I promise.

While in Victoria on Vancouver Island, we visited the open year-round, Butchart Gardens.  The garden used to be a mining quarry that a very wealthy woman took upon to beautify.  To say the floral displays were amazing, would not do the garden justice.  Everything was alive, fragrant and beautiful.  Walking around you could see that every square inch of the garden was covered in something growing, flowering or green, such as, deep expansive walls (remnants of the old quarry) cradle beds of annuals, flowering trees, ponds, fountains and unique shrubs.  The sheer enormity was amazing as we walked for hours just looking at millions of different blooming flowers.  There were 6 gardens boasting different and unique themes; sunken garden, concrete lawn walk, rose garden, Japanese garden, Italian garden, meditation garden.  What a water bill!  I have never seen anything like it.  The flowering beauty is hard to imagine and I know the pictures can’t do it justice.

 photo IMG_0622_zpsc8657ab5.jpg

 photo IMG_0624_zpsfc68f774.jpg

 photo IMG_0631_zpsfeae04e0.jpg

 photo IMG_0634_zpsf6c67e33.jpg

 photo IMG_0637_zpsdd278b7b.jpg

 photo IMG_0655_zpsc570f4de.jpg

 photo IMG_0660_zps284979d1.jpg

 photo IMG_0670_zps12b19b35.jpg

 photo IMG_0681_zps203c10a2.jpg

 photo IMG_0698_zpse207e742.jpg

 photo IMG_0706_zps339ddb1c.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment