I have been praying about this decision and scared to make a
move for the past 2 years. God answered
my prayers loud and clear after returning from Canada. He spoke to my heart and mind. He then put everything down on paper and in
numbers. I am the queen of second quessing
and constant reassurance, but since he was so clear with me I have tried to
make a conscious choice not to second guess but rather push forward and pursue
a plan of action knowing he will take care of the rest.
I am still scared to venture off all on my own but
determined to do it. My quit date is set
in my mind for November/December. Any
prayers you want to throw my way for peace, organization and confidence in my
decision would be greatly appreciated.
As scared as I am about quitting, I am equally excited to only have 1
job. I can’t wait to have my evenings
free. I don’t even know what normal
people do after the kids are in bed. I
can just imagine the sheer luxury of having time to do whatever I want past 8pm
instead of being tied to the phone and computer doing paperwork. I can’t wait to get rid of my work phone and
the 20 voice mails I get before 10 am every morning and 60 more I get
throughout the day. I can’t wait to
schedule my days and not have them interrupted by runaway kids or emergency
court hearings. I am excited and scared
at the same time but know God will take care of everything else because his
answer was so clear and that is what this post is really about. Monday, August 12, 2013
Scared and Excited - Answered Prayer
I am making what seems to be a major life change. I am sure in the grand scheme of things this
is minimal. However with how much time
and mental energy I have invested in making this decision you would think it’s
the biggest decision I have ever made. I
am quitting one of my jobs. I have
worked 2 jobs pretty much for the past 6 years.
My Youth Track job has been a great opportunity. Flexible hours, a steady pay check, most of
the work can be done from home, 6 weeks vacation a year. Dream job right? At first it was. Over the years the work load has changed, position
requirements are different and now I have children at home. Most of my work happens from 3-9 pm in the
afternoons. Then I do paperwork until 10
or 11 at night. This worked out fine
when the kids were home all day and we had all morning and part of the
afternoon to spend together. However now
that the kids are in school, I want my afternoons to be with them, not on the
phone or running to court. Therefore I
have decided to invest more time in my private practice which I love. I enjoy therapy, using my skills and feeling
like I am helping people. I have been blessed beyond compare since opening up
shot. I have as many clients as I want
and a waiting list of at least 40 more. However
dealing with insurance is unreliable and it is hard to make a monthly budget
when you never know if you will be reimbursed in 7 days or 90.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so exciting, and I'm super happy for you! Mostly because you are listening to God and you will never regret that! But also because I know He will reward your obedience. WOOT!
ReplyDelete