Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Canada - Part 3

I begrudgingly partook in a salmon fishing trip.  I notoriously get motion sick and boats are the worst.  I agreed to the barf trip, oops I meant fishing trip, simply because I love my husband and know stuff like this is important to him.  Of course the morning we set sail a combination of cool weather and rolling fog  produced choppy, choppy waves, where I literally had to hold on to the seat of the boat so as not to be bounced off my chair.  Plus the weather was freezing.  I had on pants, long sleeves, sweat jacket, a heavy fishing jacket and I was still cold!  Canada is freezing in the summer.  I was a trooper for approximately 2 hours and then called it quits before I could chum up the water.  While on board, both Cody and I caught shinook salmon and a mess of female crabs.  Unfortunately we had to throw back the female crabs because we were fishing for boys only.  We also saw a host of brightly colored sea stars clinging on the rocks of the waters edge, a harbor seal and a whale.  That’s right a whale.  Look close because one of those spots in the water is a whales back.  Our sea captain drove the boat right along side all of the sealife and we had ring side seats to see them all.   Despite the nausea the wildlife sightings was one of the highlights of the trip.  Other wildlife sightings included a bear and multiple bald eagles. Bald eagles were everywhere! If you looked in the trees, chances are you could find a white head poking out of a hidden roost amongst the green leaves. One time I saw 6 eagles flying in the same spot. Amazing. 
 photo IMG_0319_zps5eac25d6.jpg
ssssss


 photo IMG_0312_zps52ca39f2.jpg

 photo IMG_0402_zpsa93a7544.jpg

 photo IMG_0382_zps71153f33.jpg

 photo IMG_0383_zps81f2b25b.jpg

 photo IMG_0373_zpse30c8cdf.jpg

 photo IMG_0327_zpse2d0a09a.jpg

 photo IMG_0433_zps30223cca.jpg

1 comment:

  1. What a nice wifey you are! I'm so glad you guys had a great time! And a whale?!? Too cool!

    ReplyDelete