I know I should not complain. I have a wonderful house,
working husband, fantastic children and a job I love. However, I am going to take a moment to just
express my frustrations for a second in hopes that venting will alleviate some
of the steam. Seriously?! My house is in shambles and I am soooo tired
of it. 6 months ago in May we cleaned
out 1,o00 sq feet of basement boxes because we are finishing our basement. The boxes, bags, and furniture were moved and
dispersed into the dining room, front room, garage and a trailer that is
sitting in our front yard. The dining room
table has been home to our linens, pillows and blankets. Christmas tree was relocated by the front
window, sewing machine pushed up against the wall. As we bought stuff for the basement those
things were stored upstairs as well. Sink,
fixtures, ceiling fans, boxes of wood flooring, flat screen tv, piles of tile and trim are all
upstairs. Since May, our house has been
a construction zone with workers tramping in the front door (that is if they
show up to work at all), bringing their tools, supplies, dirty foot prints and dust in and out. 6 months
later, the basement is still wreck. My
dining room is still home to piles of papers with basement receipts, layouts
and design stuff, boxes of wood floor and a host of other basement miscellaneous. Sewing machine is still in the front room. Cody’s giant warthog has been residing in the
family room. Winter is here in Colorado
and I cleaned out the closets in order to get winter clothes out and
usable. Now I have stacks of boxes
containing summer clothes piled in the boy’s room with no place to store them. The garage is unusable. I have to park in
the driveway. Scraping car windows in
the winter is no fun with kids in tow. Finally,
last week our 50 gallon fish tank sprung a leak, dripped half of its water all
over the floor and ran down our walls. The
bath tub is now holding our old leaking fish tank and a trashcan full of miscellaneous
tank rocks, pieces, lights, etc. The
carpet is pulled up and fans are on the floor.
There is not one room in my house that is not in utter chaos and I see
no end to the chaos anytime soon. 6
months of this stuff. I just want my
home back!!!!! There’s no place like home.
There’s no place like home.
No comments:
Post a Comment