Despite all the fun mentioned above, my favorite camping memory came from Case. Cody and I told Case if he needed to go to the bathroom to tell us so we could give him some pointers on how to go #2 in the woods. Case was too grown for this and never asked. Day 2, Case hollered at me from the trail behind our tent. 'Mom! Mom! Come here!' Walking back behind the trees I ask, 'What Case?' There Case stood perfectly still in the middle of the trail with his pants around his ankles. He points to a pile of poop and says, 'I did that.' 'I see that. Well okay then.' Needless to say we had a quick conversation about where to poop (i.e.: not pooping on trails) and what to do after we poop (bring and use toilet paper and cover it up). Apparently he had technique down because he managed to get the deed done with no pointers. Next time he will be better prepared. Cole opted not to poop the entire trip and waited until we came back home. Note to self, don't camp more than a couple days with Cole or risk toxic backup.
We were only gone for the weekend and came home first thing Sunday morning to get ready for school, but this camping adventure was much better than our last excursion when Cole was a baby. Cole was 9 months old, we had the pack and play in the tent and Cody picked the most barren boring camping spot ever. I have a feeling we will be camping again soon.










No comments:
Post a Comment