Sunday, August 9, 2015

OKC Reunions

This is the second part to my previous Myrtle Beach post.  After our trip to Myrtle Beach was complete we flew from Carolina to OKC for 4 days to visit family and attend reunions.  I had my 20 year H.S. reunion and we held a Church of the Servant youth reunion.  We crammed a lot in 4 days.  We visited Grandpa Bobby and the boys helped him sort hay and make hay bales.  We stopped by and said hi to Grandma Frankie.  We ate Braums ice cream every day.  We drove through Stillwater, played at Theta Pond, splashed in the library fountain and ate lunch at Joes. We spent the afternoon with Gma and Bpa and ate lunch at Cases's favorite, Golden Corral.  We went to the Omniplex with Lele, Popie, Uncle Jason and Aunt Jenny.  And I attend 2 reunions.

 photo IMG_0210_zpsujo88hxo.jpg

 photo IMG_0213_zpsxcoxqhyh.jpg
   photo IMG_0215_zpsk8wya45e.jpg
   photo IMG_0223_zpsdrrwnpnr.jpg
   photo IMG_0235_zpsrdmdewwt.jpg

 photo IMG_0279_zpslcixje6y.jpg
   photo IMG_0289_zpshz9t7jup.jpg
   photo IMG_0327_zps9e2tb53i.jpg
   photo IMG_0239_zpsciyn0n5d.jpg
   photo IMG_0250_zpsls5qfgkx.jpg
   photo IMG_0261_zpsxbtfldvp.jpg
   photo IMG_0266_zpseo0i5ukr.jpg

Although I am not really more than Facebook friends with any of these people this is the Will Rodgers crew.  We were in school together from Kindergarten through our Senior year at Putman City North.  We have known each other for a long time and that is worth a picture.

 photo IMG_0493_zps9xxm437b.jpg

This was the reunion I was most excited about.  The turnout was low, the fun was high.  Just sharing memories and going through boxes of old photos was hilarious.  After sharing storied about injuries, questionable games we played, inappropriate songs we sang and things we did and hid from our leaders, John Gilstrap (former youth member, current youth leader) asked, "Why did you let us do that?!" Scotts response was, "Well I was a much cooler leader than you."  So funny!  Church was the highlight of my youth and I am glad some of us were able to reunite again.

 photo IMG_0403_zps7nu9aa9q.jpg
   photo IMG_0411_zpsjslipmmo.jpg
   photo IMG_0414_zps0szvxzud.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment