Thursday, October 22, 2015
Halloween Among Us
With Halloween among us, scary movies on tv and creepy decorations all around, I have come to the realization that my 20's have ruined me. I gorged on horrible horror movies all throughout my 20's and loved the adrenaline rush, finger biting in anticipation of whats to come or the scream/jump when a goulash creature shows up unexpectedly right next to our heroes face. Basements are the kiss of death and no doll or toy is ever innocent. However, I am reaping the negative consequences later in life. I say this, because every time I see a child's black silhouette looming in the doorframe of our bedroom at 3 am or roll over and see little eyes staring at me over the edge of the bed in darkness, I have to refrain from throwing something and screaming. I literally have to remind myself; you. are. a. mother. that. is. your. child., ask. what's. wrong. I haven't screamed yet and lashed out with my fists yet, but can't promise it won't happen in the future. And don't get me started on toys that randomly talk in the middle of the night! I am ruined. I am evidence that the choices we make CAN affect us later on in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment