Happy Valentine's Day from the Gray house. Case and Cole are currently into Minecraft. It's all about Minecraft. These TINY little pieces are around $4 a figure which is RIDICULOUS to me, but the boys are ALL about the game. Their babysitter Becky has been showing the boys the ropes and they love it. Plus this game is apparently a class wide phenomenon. The kids trade Minecraft figures at lunch and every day Case comes home with something new. He plays with it at night and then trades for something different the next day. Case is an amazing trader. I am always amazed at how his mind works. Lets say he wants a dog. He finds out that the owner of the dog and figures he wants a witch to trade. So Case starts at the bottom of the ladder and works his way up. He has a ghost. He trades his ghost for a different person. The different person for a cat. The cat for a witch and then the witch for the dog. This wheeling and dealing is all done during recess and its done with calculated and meticulous forward thinking. He is a chess player.
The boys loved their new stash of figures but I loved that they decided to make me breakfast that morning. All on their own the boys cut up fruit, made a fruit salad, set the table, folded napkins, placed drinks at each spot, opened up a can of cinnamon rolls, got out the pans, put cinnamon rolls in the pan (they did wait for me to do the cooking) and cleaned up the kitchen. It was so sweet! Insert melting heart noises now. Something else everyone enjoyed was each day of February I cut out a small red heart, taped the heart on their door with something written on it that I loved about them. They looked forward to their hearts every day and made sure I didn't forget to put a new one on the door at night! They boys even reciprocated and stuck several post its on my own door with words of love. A house filled with love is what we live in. I am a boy mom and I am so blessed. XOXOXOX

xx
No comments:
Post a Comment