Our Name May Be Gray But Our Lives Are Full Of Color!
Sunday, June 25, 2017
Grafitti Falls
I am addicted to waterfalls; the sound, the look, everything. Since I love waterfalls, it is no surprise I thought Rainbow falls, AKA: Graffiti falls was a fun day trip. It was an incredibly short walk to the falls, very colorful and fun. The historic bridge was built in 1934 and was recently registered and a historic site. I am glad we were able to visit today because the town of Manitou has plans to clean up the graffiti in the next couple years. This waterfall is highly debated because lots of people like the graffiti and some don't. Crazy, hippy, pot smoking Manitou folks believe the graffiti gives the waterfall an artistic flair and sets it apart from other falls while others people feel like the paint is disrespectful to the site. I personally like the art. At least we get to say we saw it before they change it back to its original glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment