Thursday, June 1, 2017
4 days, 3 nights
4 days, 3 nights sounds like a perfect start to the summer get-a-way. That is unless its in the hospital. Good thing we got some ice cream in on the last day of school because mom was sick the last week of school and went down hill fast with an illness. Everyone has been sick in the house. For the past 3 weeks all the boys have had a variety of ailments; Head colds, snot, diareraha, aches, tired, sneezing, coughing, slight fever. So when it was moms turn to get a fever and stuffy head and runny nose, I just rolled with. Unfortunately there was no rolling with it, the illness rolled me over. I had a sinus infection, ear infection and chest congestion which affected my immune system and I wasn't able to regulate my breathing. I ended up in a massive asthma attach which lasted over 4 days. I spent 4 days, 3 nights in the hospital. I wasn't able to speak a sentence without labor. I couldn't stand up with out my hear rate elevating to dangerous levels. And 24 hours a day, I was in pain working to collect enough air. The staff was horrible and their treatment plan was uncohesive, uncoordinated and not effective as it should have been. Overall, I had a horrible experience and am glad I didn't go in with something more serious because I think they would have killed me. I am back home now hooked up to an oxygen tank and still have a long way to full recovery. My parents came to help which was a life saver; doing laundry, taking care of the kids and just keeping up the house. Cody does a great job, but lets face it, a mothers job is a lot of work and every hand on deck helps. The first two weeks of summer has been a bust. The kids have been cooped up and trying to be quiet and good while mommy rested. I missed Cody and I's 10 year anniversary date which was sad. Cody found a friend and ended up going to the Big Hair 80's rock band (Def Leopard, Poison and Tesla) concert tickets I bought for us. And I am still not up to speed. Summer is short, I am ready to recover so we can enjoy it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh no! I'm so glad you survived! The summer can only go up from here!
ReplyDelete