Saturday, June 10, 2017

Pirates Cove

Today the boys and I spent 6 hours at Pirates Cove in Denver. Despite getting to Pirates Cove 15 minutes after opening, we were luck to find a place to sit and get a couple chairs. We turned our finds into make shift shade quarters when the kids needed a break from the sun. The boys enjoyed the lazy river the most. We floated that river sitting in tubes at least 100 times. We made a human chain and drifted, drifted, drifted. Cole laid on his stomach floating in the water, resting his head on the tube, closing his eyes in utter relaxation and announced more than once, "this is the life." Ha! I have to agree, it was a fun day. Although 6 hours in the sun left everyone tired and sunburnt despite multiple applications of sunscreen. We drove home feeling crispier than the bacon Cole love to eat every day and before bed everyone had liberal applications of aloe vera and preparation H. We had a fun time and I hope we get to go back again sometime soon.
   photo IMG_4032_zpscwikpx6r.jpg
 
 photo IMG_4033_zpsxsyh9wjr.jpg
   photo IMG_4037_zpsrgoqitey.jpg
   photo IMG_4038_zpsl3i9swrl.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment