Wasn't today a lovely day to clean out the car? And by lovely day I mean
raining outside. And by cleaning out the car I mean cleaning up vomit. Case
woke up this morning complaining about an upset tummy. We tried chocolate milk and pretzels. We tried a hot bath and tv time. Finally I broke out the big guns and we went
for ice cream. While in the drive
through at McDonalds wedged between 3 other cars Case says, “I have to throw
up.” What can I do? Nothing.
3 seconds later barf, puke, splatter, wait a second then, barf, puke, splatter
some more. Cole started gagging as he
watched the scene. What do I do? Roll
forward and pay for the ice cream. Pick
up the ice cream at window # 2 and pull over to assess the damage. Sigh.
It was EVERYWHERE! Splattered on
the back of the front seat. Pink puke pool
floating in the floorboards. Projected into
the front of the car and on the center console.
Case was sitting in a puddle and from the neck down every inch of Case was soaked. All I had was a fleece blanket in the
trunk for damage control. FYI: fleece is not an absorbent
material. All it really did was smear
things around. Gross. I stripped Case down to his skivvies in the parking lot and he
was allowed to ride in the front seat of the car for the first time in his life. Standing outside McDonalds in his undies,
Cases first statement was, “I feel much better now. Can I still have my ice cream?” Needless to say upon returning home I plopped
everyone in front of the tv and spent the next 3 hours sopping up vomit,
vacuuming out the car, cleaning the fabric, wiping down doors, febreezing everything 10xs, disassembling car
seats, washing seat covers, clothes and blankets. Did I mention it was drizzling outside? What fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment