1. Both of the boys learned how to blow their nose this week!
2. Cole speaks French, sort of. Several of the boys favorite movies (Madasgascar 3 and Turbo) have French characters. I love it when Cole repeats the lines and speaks French. He will even sing a song in French from Madagascar III. I wish I was able to pass along the gift of being bilingual but a little bit of French will have to do from time to time.
3. In case Cody or I visually miss any monumental moves during play time, both of the boys say, 'here's the replay.' Then they reenact the previous scene, fall or action shot...in slow motion.
4. I asked Case, 'Where did you get such pretty eyes?' He replied, 'God gave them to me.' :)
5. Cole's love language is physical touch. He will come up to me and kiss my hand, arm or face at least 6 times during one 30 minute period when he is feeling kissy. He feels kissy a lot of the time.
6. Case and Cole fight for cuddles. It is common practice to sit in a chair and watch tv with one boy on each side. If one child happens to steal me away for a private cuddle, once the other child discovers the affection they will holler, 'I want you to cuddle me! It's my turn for cuddles!'
7. While driving home the other day, I was telling the boys why I had to drive slow on the ice. We didn't want to slide one the ice, hit something and break our car. This conversation flowed into talking about how some people didn't have homes to live in. What would that be like? How would you live? How you stay warm if you didn't have a home? Cole quickly said he would just build a house (I like his problem solving solution). Case took a minute longer to answer. Finally he said he would eat snow shaped into hot dogs and stay warm by burrowing in the snow and living in the the subnivean zone.
8. Cole is so close to being potty trained. Why won't he just do it!!! He can hold his potty all night. He rarely wears a diaper at home and knows when he need to go potty. I just can't get him to sit on the toilet. He won't even put his hiney on one in play. Now how am I supposed to get over that hurdle? On the plus side, when he decided he is ready. He will be totally ready. Now I am just waiting on that moment to arrive.
No comments:
Post a Comment