Our Name May Be Gray But Our Lives Are Full Of Color!
Saturday, February 22, 2014
Through Your Children's Eyes
We experienced a couple beautiful beautiful beautiful days in Colorado last week. In an effort to maximize our sunshine time, the boys and I stopped by the duck pond on our way home from school Friday. Apparently the ducks were feeling hungry. The past couple weeks have been super cold and as soon as the car parked we were swarmed by ducks, geese and a squirrel. Cole used a trusty stick to scare away all the geese who ventured a tad too close to the bread basket without an invitation. Both boys fought over possession of the best stick. Remember how good it felt to find a perfect stick when you were younger? A good stick could make an outing instantaneously great. When the bread frenzy was over Case collected feathers in a zip lock bag. Feathers are something magical to him right now. I remember finding feathers when I was young. I secretly delighted in finding an undamaged feather. The perfect feather was like hitting the jackpot. Case even attempted to collect tail feathers from live ducks. No tail feathers were successfully pulled out but a few were touched. We followed up the afternoon with an exciting trip through the car wash. I love the look on the boys faces as they watched the water pummel the car. It reminded me of how much fun going through the car wash used to be for me as well. Driving through the car wash was like being transported to a different world. Whether its feathers, sticks or the car wash, its nice to see things for the first time again through your children's eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment