Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The School Is Picked

I can not describe how stressful the decision ‘where do I put Case in school for kindergarten next year has been for me.  For the last year I have researched ratings, teachers, classroom sizes, extra curricular activities, locations, etc.  Do I pick the public school with poor ratings but close proximity and an opportunity to meet families and friends in our community?  Public school also comes with one friend who could help with drop off or pick up times if need be.  Do I pick Indigo ranch charter school with a pricy fee, long wait list, good ratings and a friend who can help with drop off or pick ups?  Or do I pick Banning Lewis Ranch charter with the best ratings, no friends to help and a lottery to pick our place?  If I use friends to help, I will need a bigger car so I can reciprocate rides and that costs money.  If I don’t have friends to help I have to cut my case load on an already tight new financial budget. 

I have been praying for the past month.  “Thank you God in advanced for whatever decision you choose is best.”  Indigos wait list was very long and school officials did not give me much hope they would make it to my name.  I came to peace with that.  Banning Lewis did not have a wait list they draw names in lottery fashion.  I am not lucky.  I came to peace with that.  I was at peace.  Public school.    

Then the best stressful news came my way.  Indigo offered me a space.  They made it to my name on the wait list.  I had 3 days to decide.  Then Banning Lewis called, we were drawn from the lottery.  The decision was easy when I only had one choice.  Now it was up to me to make the right choice instead of the choice simply being given to me.  I cried, thought, talked, got a headache and then cried, thought, talked some more. 


After a roller coaster week the decision has been made again and I am at peace again.   Banning Lewis will be our school home.  I don’t know how I will pick Case up in the afternoon with my work schedule.  Or how I will be able to make ends meet with yet another pay cut.  But I will thank God in advance for the choices he gave our family and the path he has put us on.  It will all work out.  I don’t know how, but I will trust God and it will all work out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment