Saturday, April 12, 2014

Paint Mines

Today was a phenomenal day.  The weather was in the 60's and the sky overcast which was a perfect combination for the boys and I to hike Calhan's Paint Mines.  The paint mines are beautifully colored, weathered sandstone formations that include numerous hoodoos, fins and spires.  These formations have been shaped by years of erosions exposing the layers of selenite clay and sandstone and they are immaculate to see.  With so much ground to cover (and we covered it all) I  was impressed with the boys awesome attitude and hiking skills.  They hiked all over the place, in holes, on top of the rocks, down crevices, high and low.  More than once I thought to myself, what in the world am I doing climbing on these rocks with the boys by myself?  But at the end of the day our adventure was worth it.  The scenery was incredible, perfect weather, both boys were very careful, we worked together as a team and had a great time.   

 photo IMG_5109_zps5abc4632.jpg

 photo IMG_5130_zps3570365a.jpg

 photo IMG_5132_zpse8322b51.jpg

 photo IMG_5150_zps0fa2b2a9.jpg
  photo IMG_5155_zps702cc233.jpg
   photo IMG_5158_zps05fac473.jpg



 photo IMG_5161_zps765bd681.jpg

 photo IMG_5166_zps112824fe.jpg

 photo IMG_5182_zps1ff0c8fe.jpg

 photo IMG_5168_zps5fa9c7c3.jpg
   photo IMG_5186_zps32032946.jpgsss  photo IMG_5193_zpse8435677.jpg
   photo IMG_5195_zpse7c02fd2.jpg
 
  photo IMG_5196_zps0a148ada.jpg
   photo IMG_5211_zps48d00275.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment