Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Spring Break 2016 - Zoo Trip

Spring Break! We aren't vacationing in Mexico or even skiing in the mountains. Unfortunately I still have to work, which I feel guilty about, but I try to make sure we have a little fun on the mornings and afternoons I don't have to work. Toady we went to the Zoo! I can't remember the last time the boys and I went to the zoo. It feels like forever! So with the sun shining down on us we spent 4+ hours enjoying the animals and 60 degree weather before another snow storm hits tomorrow. We fed the giraffes, rode the carousel, spotted the elusive wolves, shared a cracker with a peacock during lunch, touched a snake, lizard & armadillo and watched the staff feed the lions. It was an action packed day and a nice start to the Spring Break week. Tomorrow, swimming at Villa.

Yum, yum, yum!
 photo IMG_1514_zpsqyw8tv8f.jpg

Loaded up and ready to go to the Zoo!    photo IMG_1512_zpsvvjtanp7.jpg

The Blue Tree Monitor was on the ground instead of his normal high perch.
 photo IMG_1539_zps9wq7z27l.jpg

Mr. Turkey was strutting his stuff for the ladies.    photo IMG_1551_zpsw3jve5rd.jpg

Lunch date! Thats a peacock blending in the background next to the tree eating a cracker.    photo IMG_1561_zpsp4qygemg.jpg

Seeing a live armadillo is like finding a 4 leaf clover.   photo IMG_1576_zpsftvprq82.jpg

Case was excited to ride the only black horse on the carousel.
 photo IMG_1578_zpsmvtvtnmc.jpg

This little guy was just plain cute.    photo IMG_1528_zpslz9o6wvw.jpg

1 comment: