Wednesday, March 23, 2016

This Just Happened, I Did This!

Yesterday we were soaking up the sun at the zoo, today we were hunkered inside avoiding a horrible snow storm. It's hard to describe the power of this storm with 50+ mph winds, blowing snow, whiteout conditions, the town shut down and National Guard called out to rescue people stranded on Woodmen Rd. Even though we were tucked away safe and warm, the storms power was still scary. I tried to keep busy and avoid listening to the wicked wind that was trying to blow our house down by filling up the day orchestrating painting crafts for the boys, playing balloon volleyball, prepping Easter eggs for the weekend, slow cooking a roast, making yogurt covered frozen blueberry snacks and baking home made cinnamon rolls. Basically we stayed home and got fat. But seriously, the cinnamon rolls were a major accomplishment for me. I have always been afraid of yeast and never made cinnamon rolls because they seemed out of my baking ability, but I was super surprised with the finished product. They looked beautiful, puffed up huge, tasted good and after consumption immediately made you sleepy for the rest of the day. I'm so proud. Look at what I did!

 photo IMG_1583_zpsenxo0ftt.jpg
   photo IMG_1586_zps0edcazh2.jpg
   photo IMG_1587_zps89vybakx.jpg

1 comment: