Saturday, December 21, 2013

Chocolate Covered Cherries

Who do I think of the most during the month of December?  It's a toss up between baby Jesus and my Uncle Ron.  Why may you ask, baby Jesus and Uncle Ron?  Baby Jesus because I am constantly talking to the boys about the meaning of Christmas so they don't forget about Jesus in the excitement of Santa's shadow.  And my Uncle Ron because of Cordial Cherries.  At one time chocolate covered cherries were his favorite candy.  Or at least my brother and I dubbed them his favorite candy and every Christmas we would buy him a box for Christmas.  Eventually Uncle Ron said his waist line was suffering from the boxes of sweets and the tradition died, but for me Uncle Ron will always be tied to Cordial Cherries.  So as the holidays commence inevitably I'm at Walmart every other day buying some kind of holiday preparation, baking ingredient for a cookie exchange, goodies for Christmas parties, stocking stuffers that need to be bought right now before I forget about them, present, wrapping paper, etc. etc.  And every time I enter the store I see displays of chocolate covered cherries and think of my Uncle.        


 photo IMG_3659_zpsce5edde7.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment